Horseback Riding Lessons for Youth
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
We are pleased to continue our relationship with Walnut Hollow Farm of Amherst, NH with programs for both Adults and Children. This package includes 4 1 hour lessons.
Children develop many things while horseback riding including:
- Increased confidence and self-esteem
- Enhanced physical fitness while having fun
- Sharper focus on achieving specific goals
- An understanding of balanced leadership
Students will learn the anatomy of a horse, barn management, tack, grooming and ride in their outdoor or indoor ring. This program includes 4 consective weeks of one hour lessons. Horseback riding lessons are held on the grounds of Walnut Hollow Farm, a traditional New England horse farm.
Lessons are offered on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays beginning at 3:30, 4:30 and 5:30.
Please choose your day and time according to your availability, then call the Recreation Office at 673-6248 to register.
**This is an introductory offer for riders new to Walnut Hollow Farm**
Horseback Riding for Youth
- Bus transportation after school is available:
- From AMS or SHS, take Bus #8
- From Wilkins, take Bus #18
- Bus pass should read "Walnut Hollow Farm, 40 Walnut Hill Road"