Yoga for Adults: Gentle and Intermediate
Amherst Recreation is fortunate to have Leslie Formby, certified Hatha Yoga Instructor, as our yoga teacher. She offers classes for preschoolers, teens and adults.
Adult classes are held at the Peabody Mill Environmental Center (PMEC), Classes for 1st-4th graders are held at Wilkins School, and classes for 5th-8th graders are held after school at Amherst Middle School.
Classes run in grouped sessions and are offered in on on-going basis. Please look at our Youth Classes and Activities list for more information about these classes.
This year, Leslie is offering several brand-new classes for adults, teens and kids. Consider trying something new this year, and relax and strengthen your mind and body!
Please find registration for Beach Yoga at Baboosic under it's own title under Activities for Adults
Taught by Leslie Formby, certified RYT 200
**A minimum of 4 students are needed to run a class**
- This 90 minute class is geared toward a student with a year or more of yoga experience, this class is designed to explore and expand your practice.
- Sun Salutations are used to build heat, strength and endurance. This level moves at a faster pace, as poses flow into one another.
- Meditation and relaxation complete the class.
- Please wear comfortable clothes and bring a water bottle.
- Please complete the liability form and provide to your instructor at your first class.
Intermediate Yoga May and June
On May 6 and May 13, class will be held in the Community Room at the Fire Department.
Adult Summer Yoga
Continue your yoga practice or come try yoga for the first time with Leslie in the comfort of air conditioning at Souhegan High School this summer. Choose to register for all 78 classes, or pick 6 out of 8 to allow for flexibility and your vacation schedule.
CLASS WILL NOT BE HELD 8/20